Velcro Hook & Loop
Are you looking to buy velcro hook & loop?
- Speedtech’s factory has been exclusively manufacturing hook & loop products, custom fabricating and custom printing on hook & loop since 1994.
- Speedtech’s product line features one of the industry’s best selection of Velcro®, Speedwrap® and custom hook & loop products including some ready-to ship solutions.
- Speedtech is considered an expert in hook and loop materials, manufacturing, packaging of velcro products and custom fabricating.
- Our specialty is cable management products including velcro ties, straps and tape and we offer the finest custom imprinting in the industry. Please contact us today for solutions.
- Access to Vel-Perts. Your Vel-Pert will walk you through the buying process, and will expertly explain the purpose of each hook and loop product. This enables you to have the best velcro hook & loop product for your home and business!
The term “velcro” is often used interchangeably with the term hook & loop or velcro hook & loop. Hook & loop consists of two components: a "hook" side, which is a piece of fabric covered with tiny hooks, and a "loop" side, which is covered with even smaller and "hairier" loops. When the two sides are pressed together, the hooks catch in the loops and hold the pieces together.When the layers are separated, the strips make a characteristic "ripping" sound.
Hook and loop fasteners can be made of many things—the first sample was made of cotton, which proved to be impractical whereas today the fasteners are commonly made from nylon, polyester, and even metal.
Hook & loop product categories:
There are several product categories of ‘hook & loop’ material including sticky back tape, sew on tape, back-to-back and the new QT material.
Within these categories there are more options for how these materials can be fabricated into finished form. The following are just a few of the hook & loop categories.
· Adhesive backed, hook and loop is often referred to as sticky back tape and is one of the most popular forms of hook and loop. This tape features an adhesive backing so that the user can adhere the tape to a surface. Depending upon you application and surface area the product will be adhered to, there are many different types of adhesives to choose from. Customers can purchase stick back tape in hook form or loop form. Click here to view the best selling adhesive back hook and loop products.
· Sew on, hook & loop tape is intended to be sewn onto another object or material. Common applications are apparel, tradeshow displays and industrial applications like automotive or aviation seating. Customers can purchase sew-on tape in hook form or loop form. Click here to view the best selling sew on tape.
· Back-to-back, hook & loop material consists of two components: a "hook" side, which is a piece of fabric covered with tiny hooks, and a "loop" side, which is covered with even smaller and "hairier" loops. Speedtech began working with back-to-back materials in 1993. Manufacturing a finished back-to-back tape is done with or without the use of adhesives. The most popular back-to-back products sold by Speedtech are the ONE-WRAP® and Speedwrap® brands. ONE-WRAP® is a Velcro trademark for their patented back-to-back material. Speedwrap® is a registered trademark of Speedtech International, located in Racine, Wisconsin.
Speedtech has been specializing in Velcro’s ONE-WRAP® material since its introduction. The material is manufactured byVelcro USA, using a patented process. Velcro’s ONE-WRAP® is a unique back-to-back, hook & loop material. It features hook laminate and loop laminate that are married together without the use of adhesives. By eliminating the use of adhesives to marry these two components, the finished material is less likely to ‘de-laminate’ over time (where the hook separates from the loop). Many lower cost imports utilize cheaper material where the hook side is married to the loop side using adhesives. These less expensive materials are inferior to ONE-WRAP®, so the velcro ties fabricated from them can be unacceptable for many applications.
When Speedtech’s customers require a higher-quality product, or they are reselling products to their industrial customers, they purchase industrial grade Speedwrap® or ONE-WRAP® Velcro ties. On the other hand, when pricing is the main consideration, alternative materials are available as well as the new, lower cost ‘QT’ material. It’s amazingly strong, but lightweight and has a very low profile. See below for more information on QT material.
· The new QT material offered by Speedtech is a lower profile and less expensive material than standard hook & loop tape. QT material can be used to fabricate sew on and back-to-back hook and loop products. View Speedtech’s best selling QT products, or contact us today to learn more about the benefits of this new material.
Looking for a custom fabricated hook & loop product?